November 30 & December 1, 2012
Red Dress Divas Holiday Celebration – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
8:00 – 11:00pm
Hyde Cultural Center, Route 169, Woodstock
Produced by Broadway Live Productions
It’s a festive concert, comedy, and fashion show that will showcase the success of our FTF models, raise awareness for attendees, and raise funds to support the work of HealthQuest Northeast CT as we partner to improve the health of our communities!
November 26-29, 2012 6:00 – 9:00pm
Technical & Dress Rehearsals for the FTF Red Dress Divas Holiday Celebration
Hyde Cultural Center, Route 169, Woodstock
Practice makes perfect! Attendance at these rehearsals will be mandatory for models in order to prepare for your big debut! The week of November 25 – December 1 is all about you…so please inform your families and plan your schedules accordingly!
November 25, 2012 | 5:00pm
Holiday Dazzle Light Parade – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Grove Street, Putnam
Models light up the night and proudly walk the 1.5 mile parade route aglow in your new heart health! Remember to dress in holiday, heart-healthy red! Gather at 4:00 pm in front of 143 Grove Street in Putnam.
November 4, 2012 | 7:00am – 12:30pm
Campaign Wrap-Up: Hello, Baby!
Killingly High School, 226 Putnam Pike, Dayville
Sponsored by HealthQuest Northeast CT
It’s delivery day! The results of your nine-month journey are about to be born! Models will prepare for their “after” photos by visiting our “Finishing Touches” stylist stations and will spend the majority of the day rehearsing for the big Red Dress DIVAS Holiday Spectacular! There will also be opportunities to purchase tickets for the big show and visit the Follow the Fifty Heart Smart Closet. Models have spent the month of October receiving their post-campaign health screenings at Generations Family Health Center and are wearing their beautiful new results inside and out! The excitement continues to build, so stay tuned…
November 1, 2012 | 5:30 – 8:30pm
Getting Through the Holidays Healthy – PLEASE NOTE – THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED AS A RESULT OF HURRICANE SANDY “CRASHING” OUR FTF PARTY! IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT A DATE TO BE DETERMINED!
Quinebaug Valley Community College
742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson
Sponsored by Northeastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
You’ve come so far don’t let the holidays become a stumbling point. Learn how to stay on track with health eating tips, menus and recipes for your festive holiday events! Featuring Chef and Culinary Arts Instructor Peter Cooper and his staff from the Johnson & Wales Culinary Institute.
October 14, 2012 12:00 – 4:00pm
Follow the Fifty Family & Friends Fun Walk – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC Rotary Park, Kennedy Drive, Putnam Sponsored by the NDDH, Town of Putnam Economic & Community Development, Day Kimball Healthcare and the YMCA of Greater Hartford.
Join the Follow the Fifty Models of Heart Health, Day Kimball Healthcare and YMCA family and friends on a walk along the beautiful Putnam River Trail. We’ll walk down to the Riverview Pavilion Farmer’s Market with a potential stop at the future site of the Regional Community YMCA. Enjoy the outdoors, learn about how to make healthier lifestyle choices and have some good old-fashioned fun at Rotary Park with games, music, and activities.
Click here for October’s FTF Friends and Family Walk, sponsored by NDDH, Putnam Economic & Community Development, Day Kimball Healthcare and the “Y.”
September 15, 2012 | 7:30am – 12:30pm
Take Back Your Minute! Brooklyn Middle School 119 Gorman Road, Brooklyn Sponsored by Generations Family Health Center Every minute, a woman dies from heart disease. FTF models take back their minute at this event jam-packed with information, exercise and fun! Meet with fitness specialists to develop your personal exercise plans; talk to a pharmacist about medications and vitamin supplements; learn about the impact of oral hygiene on your health. Pamper yourself to prep for the big Red Dress Divas Show! Understand the importance of taking time for you!
August 25, 2012 | 8:00 am Start
DKH 2nd Annual Give it a TRI Moosup Pond, Moosup Pond Road, Plainfield Sponsored by Day Kimball Healthcare FTF models may participate individually or on triathlon relay teams for this exciting event! There is no special registration process for FTF models, so please register online with all others.
- All registration fees as listed on the DKH website also apply to FTF models
- There are non-FTF TRI teams that have formed that are seeking swimmers to join their teams. If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Check the FTF website blog page for training schedules.
- Let’s show them what FTF models are made of…give it a TRI!
August 11, 2012
Deary Memorial Race, Walk & Ride J.D. Cooper’s Restaurant, 146 Park Road, Putnam Sponsored by Day Kimball Healthcare
Register now for FTF DKH August Events!
Day Kimball Healthcare is the official sponsor of FTF events for the month of August! Here is detailed information about registering for the Deary Race on August 11th and the DKH Triathlon on August 25th. Models may participate in either one or both:
Models interested in joining the FTF teams forming for the Deary Race, Walk & Ride are welcome to print out this special form, complete it, and return it to Day Kimball Healthcare’s Development Office in Putnam.
- You may participate in the 6am Early Bird Walk, 8am Fun Walk, or 9:05am Road Race.
- If you would like to participate in the 8:15am Bike Ride, please write it in on your registration form, indicating if you would like to do the 15-mile or 30-mile ride. Model bicyclists are asked to raise a minimum of $25 each. If you are unable to do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may solicit additional donations on behalf of the FTF team.
- Model walkers and runners are asked to raise a minimum of $20 each to support the Deary Memorial Cancer Fund. If you are unable to do so, please send an email to email@example.com. You may solicit additional donations on behalf of the FTF team.
- THIS PDF DOWNLOAD FORM IS FOR MODELS ONLY. Models should NOT register online if you are joining the FTF team. You must fill out a hard copy of the flyer.
- All others, including coaches, supporters and family members who would like to walk, run or ride with the FTF team are asked to register online and follow all appropriate registration guidelines. When asked for team, fill in “Follow the Fifty.” Entry fee for walkers and runners is $20 prior to July 31st. $30 after July 31st. Entry fee for bicyclists is $25 prior to July 31st, $35 after July 31st.
- If you have already registered with another team, please call the DKH Development Office at 860-928-7141 to let them know you are an FTF model, so they can arrange for your special recognition and gifts on race day.
- You are still welcome to walk with, and raise money for, other teams.
July 14, 2012 7:00 – 11:30 am
July Joggin’ the Noggin’ Event Quinebaug Valley Community College (QVCC) 742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson Sponsored by QVCC There’s no better way to start a summer Saturday than with the FTF sisterhood and coaches! Monique Wolanin leads a brisk morning walk/jog, then enjoy a nutrition presentation with Registered Dietitian Sarah Desjardin and a Real Deal panel discussion about the real-life challenges of shopping, cooking, and eating healthy. Join in and share your challenges/successes during Model Share Time and be ready for a Model Mid-Term exam with FTF Project Manager Linda Colangelo! > Download PDF July Flyer